Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Introducing Our Newest Mystery Author!

I'm so excited to introduce you to the newest Thirteener! Please join me in welcoming the lovely Brandy Colbert to the group!


Brandy was born and raised in the Ozarks – more specifically, Springfield, Missouri – and earned a Bachelors Degree in Journalism from Missouri State University. Brandy works as a freelance magazine copy editor and while she's a picky eater and a vegetarian in real life, she's an adventurous foodie at heart. She tap dances and is an avid fan of Degrassi, the Flintstones, Louis C.K., and Hello Kitty. Brandy is represented by Tina Wexler at International Creative Management. Her debut novel, A Point So Delicate, comes out Fall of 2013 from Putnam/Penguin.

We know 2013 is still pretty far off, and fall of 2013 even further still, but we can't help but squee over Brandy's book. Check out this premise:
A ballet prodigy's life begins to unravel when she’s forced to admit to the role she played in her childhood friend’s abduction.
Talk about an amazing one-line pitch, huh? Maybe you want to go add A Point So Delicate on goodreads. (*nudge, nudge*)

And now comes the best part of introducing new members: truth or dare! Leave your especially torturous dares for Brandy here. She'll be answering one a week from today. In the meantime, let's give Brandy a warm welcome in the comments.

22 comments:

  1. Welcome Brandy!!! I have to say, I love the premise of your book. There's so much fantasy out today (not that that's such a bad thing, as fantasy is my favorite genre). Something about ballet will be interesting to read! So, congrats and good luck with your question!!! :)

    Alyssa <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa! Thank you so much for the warm welcome. And I know what you mean - I read a LOT of contemporary and am trying to expand and read more speculative fiction. I'll have to get some recs from you. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, Brandy! I cannot WAIT to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph! Thank you SO much. And you know I feel the same about yours. :))

      Delete
  3. Wahooooo!!!!! Welcome, Brandy! So excited to have you. Your book sounds AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kasie! Still swooning over your gorgeous cover to the left of these comments, btw.

      Delete
  4. Brandy, I can't wait to read your ballet kidnapping book. And it's so good to have you here, gosh darn it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am so goshdarned happy to be here. My ballet kidnapping book can't wait for you to read it. I hope your DEVIL book feels the same way about me as I do about it.

      Delete
  5. Welcome, Brandy!! I openly admit that I've NEVER read a book about ballet. Can't wait to dive into yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, Jenn, you shouldn't have told me that - THE PRESSURE. But thank you so much! And I can't wait for INSOMNIA.

      Delete
  6. Hooray! So glad you're with us Brandy! I know I've said it before, but I can't wait to read APSD!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same goes for TAKEN, lady. I could stare at that cover for days. Thanks so much for the welcome!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. The shenanigans to come, Ellen. The shenanigans!!

      Delete
  8. Welcome Brandy! I always always always wanted to be a ballerina, but I was born with a congenital spinal defect. I plan on dancing in my next life. :). I can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely in the next life, Jennifer! (And in that life, I'll have the discipline and great turnout so I can join you.) Thanks so much for the welcome. :)

      Delete
  9. Brandy!!! Welcome! Too late to back out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangit, Elsie! Hee hee. You know I'm super happy to be here with you guys. :))

      Delete