Friday, June 1, 2012

Ellen Takes on an Embarrassing Photo Dare

So a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless because I'm still debating how to get back at her for this, dared me to post my worst hair day photo. As if that wasn't enough, she then says go ahead and post up some old bad pics to really humiliate yourself. Sigh. I can't believe I'm doing this.

Ok so, this is definitely my most awful hair day photo ever. Hands down. Bad perm. Bad bangs. Bad everything! I've seen better wigs on clowns. (btw - quality of photo is bad because I snapped it with my iphone through the plastic album protector thing bc I was too lazy to take it out for a clearer shot.)


What? This is not bad enough for you? Ok, how about worst tan ever?

That white spot under my chin is not an adam's apple. It's the part of my throat that my chin covered so I had a perfectly symmetrical white spot the size of my chin on my neck. I assure you, I'm not a man. I remember this tan so well. I couldn't go anywhere without people staring at my neck and smirking.

Still not satisfied? Curse you! Ok, my most unfavorite picture in the whole world I will share with you today. Argh. Here's me all dressed up like a Korean wedding doll piggybacking Da Man who is wearing his Korean Mickey Mouse hat.

Da Man complained bitterly about how heavy I was and at one point nearly pitched me completely over his head. Don't let the smiles fool you, I was mad, he was drunk and we were both hot and whiny. And that stupid tassel in front of my face drove me freaking bonkers! The red spots on my cheeks are stickers and they itched like crazy. And let me tell you, the raging feminist in me disapproved of several parts of the old school ceremony. Ah but that's a post for another day!

So there you have it! Hope you have enjoyed my embarrassing photos as much as I cringed sharing them. Next up is Elsie Chapman so please think of some terribly embarrassing dares for her too!

10 comments:

  1. Okay ... so bad hair is very subjective. You have to consider the YEAR. Mall hair looked good at the time, but is horrible now. Okay... you're right, mall hair looked bad back in the day, but we THOUGHT it looked good.

    I, too, have been victim of the white throat. I used a (gasp!) tanning bed for several years and always had that white chin shaped area on my throat. Not to mention the raccoon eyes where the little goggles were. What was I thinking?

    The whole Korean wedding doll thing must have been terribly uncomfortable. I can sympathize with you on several different levels for having to wear that outfit.

    Thanks for being so brave and posting your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can make SO many comments...except I'll restrain myself and say you are the BRAVEST lady I know, Ellen Oh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I loved this post! So. Much. You are awesome, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BWAHAHAHAHAHA... Hey, I know all about humiliating photos, that's a sympathetic laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Oh how much I love this post. Ellen, you're so cute in every picture. If this is as bad as it gets, I envy you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I still think you look great. And yes, my glasses are on the other side of the room. I hear you on the funky "neck tans". I still get those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for not laughing too hard - except for Mike who I think I heard all the way across the country!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these. Especially of the one in your hanbok! So cute. I have pics in my hanbok but I don't look as good as you.

    ReplyDelete