Friday, March 16, 2012

Shannon Messenger Takes The Truth

Looks like I'm up this week--and I left things up to random chance again and ended up with a "truth" from Alyssa. Hope you enjoy!


Got any burning questions you're dying to ask us? Or maybe you have some terrifying dares you want to torture us with. Feel free to submit as many as you want by going HERE. And come back next week to see Ellen Oh take on a truth or dare.

Also... Don't forget to tune in next Tuesday when our next mystery author will be announced...



___________________________________________________________________


Shannon Messenger graduated from the USC School of Cinematic Arts, where she learned--among other things--that she liked watching movies much better than making them. So she left LA and moved to suburbia where she would have time to eat too many cupcakes, own too many cats, and write lots and lots of books. LET THE SKY FALL is her first young adult novel, coming in Spring 2013 from Simon Pulse. She is also the author of KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES, book one in a middle grade series launching Fall 2012 (S&S Aladdin). Find her online at shannonmessenger.com.


16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on YA writing. Very interesting to hear what your agent had to say:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I do wonder sometimes how many authors have had their agents tell them they need more "sizzle" ;)

      Delete
  2. Shannon writes sexy YA without blushing!! Love it!!!

    Yay for Shannon! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha--THAT's the title I should've used for this post!

      Delete
  3. Ooo what a great question--and answer! Thanks, Shannon, for letting us in on your Sizzle Struggles! Glad you were able to find the balance, and I can't wait to read Let The Sky Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee. "Sizzle Struggles" I love it. I want to get a t-shit of that!

      Delete
  4. LOL--I SO know what you mean. When I wrote my first book, I purposely avoided the romance stuff because I didn't think I could do it right. And then at the very end, the stupid boy KISSED HER without my permission. LMAO.

    Anyway, my next book is pretty sexy, so I guess I was just in denial. Can't wait to read yours, and thanks for sharing your Sizzle Struggles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some crazy reason I feel like calling you Sizzles from now on. And I'll be obnoxious and make the universal sound for "sizzle" whenever we finally meet in person! Ok, Sizzles? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sexy scenes are the ones I like writing the most, hands down, after the fun blood/mystery/horror stuff. I think I'm kind of a pulp writer, at heart. One day I'll have to let myself take a break from the literary-ish YA stuff I write now, and just do pure PULP ROMP for awhile. No believable characters, no world building, no emotional connections, just ROMP ROMP ROMP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon, great post! And now I can't wait to read your book, because every time I hit a steamy scene, I'm going to think "Sizzle!"

    Sexy scenes are some of my favorite to write, except then I get all nervous thinking about people reading it, and I get all red and have to drink a big glass of cold water to calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. This was great. I think I have the opposite problem though. I have to watch for too much sizzle. I blame the HBO influence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for answering my question, Shannon! I really cannot wait to read Let the Sky Fall! I'm pretty sure this will be a book that I will enjoy :D
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great question. It was interesting to hear your thoughts on your journey to writing YA.
    Thank you for sharing that! Looking frwd to reading Let the Sky Fall!

    Random and dorky question....are your couches Ashley? I think we have the same couches! I forget the maker's name though. I believe it's Ashley.

    BTW what a cool blog! I like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post, Shannon! It IS especially insightful, since you write both YA and MG. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey hot stuff. Love this vlog. So fun to learn more about the process of Let the Sky Fall. Who knew you struggled with the sizzle? :) Can't wait to see the result of you figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY on you being here! And laugh at you? Nevah! Now--think of a dare...hmmmm...working on it!

    ReplyDelete