Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Introducing our Third Mystery Author!

Ahem, drumroll please...

We Friday the Thirteeners are very, very, excited to introduce our third Mystery Author:

Mindy McGinnis




Mindy's making her YA debut with her novel NOT A DROP TO DRINK. To be published Fall 2013 from Katherine Tegen/Harper Collins, here's a teaser:

NOT A DROP TO DRINK, the story of a teenage girl surviving in a rural America where an ounce of fresh water is worth more than gold and death wanders the countryside as thirst, cholera, and the guns of strangers; when her mother dies in an accident, the girl must decide between defending her pond alone or banding together with a crippled neighbor, a pregnant woman, a filthy orphan, and a teenage boy who awakens feelings she doesn’t understand.

Not only does NOT A DROP TO DRINK sound fabulous, but Mindy's pretty awesome herself, and we are more than ecstatic to have her join us! But her hazing just wouldn't be complete without a Truth or Dare, so make sure to submit one for her here. She'll be answering a week from today, March 27th, so make sure to check back to see how she does.

In the meantime, please join us in giving a huge welcome to Mindy, our newest Friday the Thirteener!

27 comments:

  1. Congrats Mindy! Yay to Wrahm's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your book sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge welcome to you, Mindy! May we chatter about our small town backgrounds for years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Mindy! The premise of this book STILL gets my brain hamster totally jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Mindy!! Let the hazing begin!!! he he!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo, Mindy!! I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I am so excited for your book. It sounds delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being part of the 2013-er's, Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber - The WrahM's are mobilizing!

    ATU - thank you so much! I can't wait to be able to send it out into the world.

    Elsie - I will chatter at you ANYtime, brainwave share mate.

    Bethany - HOORAY! I love it when you follow me places :) And I love the brain hamster. I had a total Transformer moment when I read that though: "Brain Hamster: More Than Meets the Eye."

    Ello - I can haz haze.

    Erin - I am excited to be here! Thanks for having me!

    Deb - Thanks so much, it's good company!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome, Mindy! I love the sound of your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Megan! Thrilled to be here.

      Delete
  10. Mindy, welcome to the party. I look forward to not being the only four eyes. I'm tired of getting beat up by the other Thirteeners. By the way, if they ask you to meet them at the four posts after school, say yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, four posts after school. I should never have told you that, April! And, hey, I used to wear glasses before surgery, so I'm still with you there!

      Delete
    2. For the record, April just called me out :) Take off those glasses before I give you an Irish hug!

      Delete
    3. Bring it, Mindy. Just so you know, The Four Posts Rules state that nothing counts until blood is drawn, and you get double points if the victim wears specs.

      Delete
    4. Oh no, so can we both just start out with double points and call it a draw? :)

      Delete
  11. Cannot wait to read this book!!! Yay Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I can't wait to send it out into the world!

      Delete
  12. welcome!!! *addds book to 2013 list :D
    Alyssa <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, Mindy!!! :) Your book sounds awesome. And we're so glad to have you and half your face (since the other half was burned by acid. lol Still think about that funny vlog you did and it still makes me laugh).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew you were talking about me. The good side of my face was prickling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great story, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks NR! I love it when other people get excited about my brain baby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome! I've had your book on my Goodreads to-read list for a while now. Look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete