Friday, November 9, 2012

Alexandra Duncan Takes EL DESAFIO!

I'm pretty sure the reader who submitted this dare thought we were never going to do it, or at least, we were never going to be able to do all the parts of it. But, oh no, anything you throw at us, we can handle. Even something like this:

Read a passage of Don Quixote in your best Antonio Banderas accent. (Yes, in old Castellano).

Let's all just let that sink in for a moment.

Now, when I think of Antonio Banderas, I always think of him in the role of Zorro (well, that and Almodovar movies, but none of those roles are as iconic as Zorro). I only tell you this because it might help explain what you're about to see. Adelante!



Never let it be said the Thirteeners won't rise to a challenge. In fact, we want more. Bring it, readers! Leave your own truth or dare for us here.

______________________________________

Alexandra is a writer and librarian (plus amateur photographer, crochet enthusiast, cinemaphile, and, or course, book fiend). She holds a B.A. in Creative Writing from the University of North Carolina at Asheville, and has been a frequent contributor to The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. She loves anything that gets her hands dirty – pie-baking, leatherworking, gardening, drawing, and rolling sushi, to name a few.Her first novel, Salvage, is due to be released by Greenwillow Books/Harper Collins in Fall 2013. You can find her online at Twitter, Goodreads, and her personal blog.

9 comments:

  1. HA! That is classic, Alexa! And I had no idea you spoke Spanish so well. Explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could hug you through the internet I would. (And ditto to what Kasie said. Your Spanish is superb!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still can't believe you were brave enough to do it, Alexa! Haha! The moustache!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! If I could have someone read Don Quixote to me like that, I might make it through the whole thing. That was riveting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still can't stop laughing about this. STILL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mustache. THE MUSTACHE. It's just too amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH youare amazing I love you so much right now, Alexandra :D THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS! Like Shannon said - the MUSTACHE. It is KILLER :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, guys! I mostly did this dare so I could draw a fake mustache on myself. And the Spanish. . . I studied abroad in Spain and more briefly in Nicaragua, and my job involves speaking Spanish occasionally. It's actually deteriorated a lot in the last eight years or so, but thank goodness, it's still good enough for really awful Antonio Banderas impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I so love this! Alexa, you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete